To collaboratively strengthen the health and medical preparedness and response capabilities of Maryland Region III resulting in enhanced recovery and resiliency during an emergency or disaster incident, which affects the community.
To develop and provide a functional, fully-integrated emergency preparedness and response network to support resilience among the healthcare and medical organizations.
The shared values, upon which members and partners agree, can be grouped into the following common theme areas:
The shared values focus on the current, progressive work being done by the Coalition and future goals and initiatives that will be accomplished. The Coalition’s shared values include:
- Accountability of organizations, people, resources, and funding.
- Respectful engagement of member and partner organizations, resulting in effective decision-making by the Coalition and for the community it serves.
- Ability to gain the trust of stakeholders, external organizations, and the community through the demonstration of competency, ethical soundness, and financial stewardship as a Coalition.
- Enhanced preparedness to safely and efficiently care for the patient population in the community.
- Cutting edge emergency preparedness, response, and recovery practices and procedures driven by innovation as a result of creativity, coordination, and collaboration.